De Villiers & Hulme has extensive experience in structural engineering of a variety of building types including:
A large number of commissions for the design of Industrial Buildings have been completed by De Villiers & Hulme. We can see the project through from liaison with the Local Authority, plans approval, design of foundations, structural frames, offices, floors and services such as water supply, fire equipment, sewerage, electrical distribution and standby generators. Also civil services such as earthworks, roads and parking areas.
- Distell Greenpark, Epping: Bottling Hall and Distribution Centre, Warehouse & Bottle Washing Facility (12 500m²)
- DGB, Wellington: Distribution Centre (17 500m²)
- Ecowash, Wadeville: Bottle Washing Plant (15 000m²)
- Natural Beverages, Springs: Canning & Bottling Facility (18 000m²)
- Bowler Metcalf, Philippi: PET Factory & Warehouse (6 000m²)
- Simba, Isando: Distribution Centre (12 000m²)
- MTN: Data Centres (7 across the country) (2 500m²)
- Adam Tas, Stellenbosch: Distribution Centre (6 500m²)
- Distell, Wadeville: Production & Distribution Centres (30 000m²)
- James Sedgwick,Wellington: Distillery & Maturation Stores (15 000m²)
- Distell, Springs: Production & Distribution Centres (60 000m²)
- BHP Billiton: Specialized Above & Underground Structures
- Distell, Ghana: Production & Distribution Facility
- Monis, Paarl: Production and Fermentation Cellar
- Van Rhyn: Distillery
Institutional buildings call for a robust design capable of withstanding the generally higher throughput of traffic associated with such buildings.
- Bellville Highschool
- Bonteheuwel Community Centre
- Buffalo Flats School
- Guguletu Multi-Sport Complex
- Harold Cressy School
- Humansdorp School Hall
- Intlamqaniso Secondary School
- Marconi Beam School
- SANBI Centre for Biodiversity Conservatation
- Somerset East School Hall
- St Cyprians – Sports and LO Centre
- Theater on the Bay – Camps Bay, Cape Town
- Unicity Council Chambers and Plenary Assembly Hall
- UWC Science Centre – Bellville, Cape Town
- UWC Entertainment Centre – Bellville, Cape Town
- Zola Secondary School – Khayelitsha
De Villiers and Hulme has been involved with the structural design of a number of luxury apartment buildings on the Atlantic Seaboard. Our services include geotechnical investigations and foundations, basement parking areas, designing for seismic conditions, accommodating large loadings from penthouse pools and much more.
From the inception of De Villiers & Hulme the company has undertaken more than 200 commissions for new wineries, or alterations to existing ones. These have ranged from a small 18 ton winery to an 8000 ton winery.
De Villiers & Hulme also undertakes commissions for the Process and Design of wine cellars including effluent treatment. With this experience we are undoubtedly the leaders in wine cellar and general winery field.
The design of continuous distillation and pot still distillation facilities for brandy and whiskey also forms part of our portfolio.
De Villiers and Hulme are involved with some 30 to 50 residential projects annually. The structural designs range from mundane to complex, from minor alterations to multimillion rand luxury houses. These projects call for close liaison with the Architect and Contractor, for lateral thinking and innovative design.
De Villiers and Hulme undertakes civil engineering services design (roads, stormwater, water, sewerage) for sub-divisional townhouse complexes to large group housing complexes and townships. From developments with only four town houses to small towns with 2000 erven.
- Township services (roads, stormwater, water & sewerage)
- Access roads and parking areas associated with building projects
- Engineering services to group housing and sub-divisional erven
De Villiers & Hulme does Civil Engineering Services design (roads, stormwater, water, sewerage) for sub-divisional townhouse complexes to large group housing complexes and townships. From developments with only four town houses to small towns with 2 000 erven.
- Jonkerspark, Stellenbosch (Group Housing)
- Verona Estate, Durbanville (Group Housing)
- Suurbraak Town (Full Civil Services Upgrade)
- Altona (New Development Full Services)
- Vygeboord Village, Durbanville (Group Housing)
- Dennegeur, Franschhoek (Village Development)
- Tyger Waterfront, Bellville (Office/Residential)
- Durbanville Industrial (New Development Full Services)
Roads and Parking
De Villiers & Hulme are often tasked the responsibility of managing projects to ensure their timeous completion, within budget and to the expected quality standard. We have the qualified personnel with the relevant experience and expertise. Typically this would involve some or all of the following:
- Program and budget management
- Risk Identification and management
- Project close-out documentation
- Project and scope definition
- Specialist liaison
- Management and coordination of consultants, human resources and communications